Thursday, January 10, 2013

Watercolor!

I recently got myself a portable Winsor & Newton watercolor field painting set while I was in New York and I really wanted to try it out. I spent all day today working on my film's concept art with my newfound treasure and here's two that turned out decent.



Here's a picture of my wip in which you can also see the painting set!


I've always been a huge fan of the beautiful concept art paintings seen in the Miyazaki Art-of books! Ever since I got hold of my first copy of the Art of Kiki's Delivery Service, I've always wanted to work with watercolors so when I finally did, it felt like I had a breakthrough and it was a very fulfilling and uplifting moment! Transitioning from digital to traditional painting to me was no easy job, although I did have tons of fun mixing and matching colors and painting to Benny Goodman music in the background was like the icing on the cake. I'm gonna do more watercolors and try to get better at it!

-Yon

1 comment: